Dixie.edu > Gmail
Students, Skip step 1, Dmail already has POP3 enabled
1. First, email email@example.com and have them turn on POP3 so you can export your email.
Second, go to gmail.com and setup a gmail account.
Once that is setup go to Settings, find the gear to the far right, click the gear, then click the settings button.
2. Once at the settings page, click Accounts and Import tab, then click import mail and contacts link, see below.
3. Enter your Dixie.edu email address
4. Enter your password, your account username, click continue. If you are a legacy user, your account will be the first part of your email address.
5. After, May 16th, 2015 use your DixieID for the username.
6. (Optional, but a good idea) Check leave a copy of retrieved message on the server
7. Give it some time if you have a lot of messages. On the settings screen you can check the progress, click view history.
Note: You may need to manually copy over your contact list.